We are looking for two enthusiastic interns to staff a community relations campaign starting May 2015 until the end of August 2015.
The Be Tire Smart education campaign was developed to raise awareness on how proper tire maintenance positively impacts fuel economy and the environment.
The interns will staff the community vehicle visiting events and educating the public, answering to the project manager for the campaign.
This is geared for a student in a public relations program with strong communications skills, an interest in the automotive industry and the environment; possession of a driver’s license with a clean driving record is strongly desired. Bilingualism is an asset but not a requirement.
Please visit www.tirestewardshipmb.ca for more information on the campaign.
- Report to the Program Manager.
- Can handle all vehicle requirements pre- and post-event.
- Are well spoken; can deal with the media.
- Are clean cut, well presented.
- Have enough presentation skills to conduct information sessions.
- Are able to manage supplied equipment.
- Are physically able to handle event activities, such as set-up and take-down.
- Can absorb tire and media training readily.
- Will be educated on tire recycling, and their products.
- 35-hour week, but usually works only on weekends.
- $15/hour wage.
- Travels to fairs and festivals throughout Manitoba during the summer months promoting tire recycling. Car and uniform provided.
- Some overnight stays in hotels required.
- There may be part-time work during the winter months.
- Driver’s license is required.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: Carolyn Rickey, Be Tire Smart Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org