The Manitoba Centre for Health Policy (MCHP) is looking for a student to work part-time on editing and re-developing an existing website. This position entails re-organizing and updating/managing existing website content.
The website is a sub-component of the University of Manitoba’s Red Dot-based website, so it will be necessary to make edits within a templated web environment according to the University of Manitoba’s website standards.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Hours/week: 0-10 hours per week
- Remuneration: dependent on education and experience
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
- In the process of obtaining a degree/enrolled in a program in a website-development or -management related field
- Previous experience in a similar position is preferred
- Familiarity with the Red Dot server application is an asset
- Experience using MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient using and accessing the Internet
- Experience/proficiency with basic web design principles/theory as asset
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in preparing and entering information online
- Ability to maintain accurate files/records
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team setting
1) Compiling feedback from researchers regarding ideas for re-development of website
2) Implementing these ideas – posting new content, maintaining/re-organizing existing content
3) Ensuring the website meets the needs of the organization
For more information about MCHP, please go to http://www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/medicine/units/mchp/.
Please submit CV/resume and cover letter to:
Dr. Elaine Burland Manitoba Centre for Health Policy 204-789-3668