The event runs from November 1-4. Time commitment varies based on duty, but here are the roles they are looking to fill (volunteers can choose as many shifts as they’d like, just not on the same day).
Red carpet wrangler
- Ensures all media on the awards-night red carpet get the shots/interviews they need.
- Guides artists along carpet.
Media room attendant
- Monitors media room during Ohshkii Awards and/or APCMA broadcast.
- Provides technical assistance to media.
- Assists in setting up awards-night interviews.
- Runs talent from backstage area to media room after awards are presented.
- Ensures photographs are taken of all award winners.
- Facilitates interviews during pow-wow.
Social media specialist
- Live-tweets updates.
- Photos and videos from Oshkii Gala, APCMA event and pow-wow.
- Greets all Ohshkii, APCMA and/or pow-wow media at media entrance.
- Accredits media.
- Arranges interviews upon entry to events.
Application forms are available on the CreComm bulletin board on the second floor, or from Melanie. Application deadline is October 22.
For more information, contact:
Manito Ahbee Festival/Aboriginal Peoples Choice Music Awards