Arts & Cultural Industries Association of Manitoba (ACI Manitoba)
Communications and Outreach Manager
Full-Time 1 year renewable contract
ACI Manitoba, a not for profit arts organization dedicated to supporting the arts and cultural industries in Manitoba, is seeking a Communications and Outreach Manager for a 1 year renewable term.
Job Title: Communications and Outreach Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Reporting Staff: Administrative Assistant
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the Arts & Cultural Industries Association of Manitoba (ACI) Communications and Outreach Manager position is to develop and implement communications, marketing and outreach strategies that promote the organization and its programs. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications and Outreach Manager is an important first contact with clients and the public.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a communications and outreach strategy that promotes and raises the public profile of ACI Manitoba and the organization’s programs
- Develop and manage Communications budget
- Administer and update ACI web sites
- Responsible for publishing and tracking the Mu-Zine (electronic newsletter)
- Draft and edit communications materials including internal forms and documents, letters, emails, press releases and PSAs, and other marketing and communication materials as required.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of partnerships with local, Provincial and national arts organizations.
- Represent ACI Manitoba at trade show, career fairs, training sessions and other events.
- Oversee registration process of members and membership database
- Distribute (or oversee distribution of) all member correspondence both electronically and through traditional mail
Event coordination assistance
- Provide support to Executive Director and Program Managers for training/professional development events, including communication and marketing as well as assist in registration and program materials production.
- Liaise with graphic designers to produce marketing materials for ACI Manitoba events, including copy editing and proofing.
Executive Director support
- General organization
- Liaise with bookkeeper regarding payables, expenses and receivables
- Organize travel when necessary for Executive Director
Interaction with Clients and the Public
- Promote membership with potential clients
- Promote values and programs of ACI Manitoba
- Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computers, telephones, printers, copiers, etc.
Working Conditions and Environment
- Based on a 35 hour week (occasional weekend and evening work will be required)
- ACI Manitoba encourages employee development and will provide opportunity for educational opportunity on an ongoing basis. Parameters of such employee development will be at the discretion of the Executive Director and based on ACI Human Resource policy.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 PM, Monday May 30, 2011.
All applications should be directed to the attention of the Executive Director. We thank all those applying, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.