Fort la Reine Museum, Pioneer Village, & Tourist Bureau Inc.: 2011 Customer (Visitor) Service Representative
Duties: This position involves a wide variety of tasks and interaction with the public. Individuals arriving at the Main Building should be greeted and Admissions taken or inquiries handled; book museum tours as required and quote prices for tours; provide guided tours of the Museum as required; provide tourist general information, reviewing maps with clients and providing information on local attractions and events; organize and maintain the tourist information area with current brochures; answer website inquiries as needed; work in the retail area stocking shelves and taking money for store sales; count and balance cash in cash register; assist with cleaning of display homes and individual displays; some work using PastPerfect Museum cataloguing software will be required; assist with maintaining the Museum grounds; assistance with special events as required; other duties as assigned.
Other: Weekend work is required; ability to speak French is desirable. This position is available May 9th to September 9th, 2011. Applicants must be students returning to full time studies in the Fall of 2011. Candidates must be able to provide their transportation to the Museum, located about 6 Kms east of Portage la Prairie city centre. All applications must be made online to Young Canada Works at:http://www.pch.gc.ca/ycw-jct/index-eng.cfm
Candidates should specify if they are applying for Young Canada Works in Both Official Languages or in Heritage Organizations. These postings will remain open until filled.
Wage: $11.00 per hour
Enquiries may be made to:
Fort la Reine Museum, Pioneer Village, & Tourist Bureau Inc.
Portage la Prairie, Manitoba R1N 3C2
Phone: (204) 857-3259
Celero Solutions Sales and Marketing – Summer Student
Posting Reference Number: CEL 11-016
Closing Date: April 21, 2011
About Celero Solutions Celero Solutions is a joint venture owned by Credit Union Central of Manitoba, Sask Central, AB Central and Concentra Financial. Created in 2003, Celero is built on the mandate to deliver reliable, innovative and cost-effective information technology solutions to prairie credit unions, our owner organizations and other clients. We are an organization with approximately 265 employees located in Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg. It is the financial services and technical experience and expertise of our employees, and our operating principles, that provide the foundation for our success.
The Opportunity Reporting to the VP National Sales & Client Relations the Sales and Marketing Summer Student will be responsible for assisting the Sales team in achieving established business objectives. This term position (May until August) is suited to a post secondary student currently enrolled in a Business Administration program, with a Marketing component, who is planning to return to full time studies in the fall.
The successful applicant will be directly responsible to provide administrative support to the Sales team including but not limited to the following:
- Assisting in the planning and coordinating of presentations and special events
- Organizing meetings including preparing meeting agendas and supporting materials, as well as, taking meeting minutes
- Preparing marketing material including photocopying, scanning, printing
- Assisting with internal and external correspondence
- Electronic and hard copy filing
- Quality checking documents prior to release
- Current enrolment in a Commerce or Business Administration program at a recognized post-secondary institution. The applicant must be returning to full time studies in the fall
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Marketing experience/knowledge required
- Education and/or experience in a marketing/sales capacity is preferred
- Ability to draft and/or edit business, marketing, and other documents
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working in an office environment is preferred
- Understanding of the financial services industry and the Canadian credit union system would be considered an asset
- Well organized with a high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to understand the needs of clients
To apply, please submit your confidential expression of interest by sending a resume with cover letter quoting competition number CEL 11-016 by April 21, 2011 to email@example.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.