Media Message is an advertising and marketing firm with a dynamic journalistic style. We work closely with our clients to help tell their stories and develop communication strategies and media relations campaigns that connect with their customers. While we are active in a number of industry sectors, we often specialize in agriculture.
We are looking for an experienced journalist with a strong grasp of agricultural issues who feels comfortable writing about the business of agriculture.
If you have exceptional writing skills, formal post-secondary journalism training, and have mastered the art of a solidly-focused, well-researched story, you may be the person we are looking for. What sets you apart from others is your ability to take a topic of interest to beef producers or grain growers and develop a compelling, informative story that grabs interest and commands credibility among the farmers who read it.
If you're a stickler for accuracy, have a professional interviewing style that puts people at ease; and are an easy-going team player who takes direction well and gets the job done on deadline with minimal supervision, you should consider applying for this position.
• Research, interview, write, edit, and proofread news stories, newsletters, and brochure content.
• Write ad copy.
• Help execute media relations campaigns and assist with strategic communications research.
• Assign and work with freelance journalists on occasion.
* A strong understanding of agricultural issues from an industry perspective.
* Willing to go the extra mile to ensure our clients' messages are communicated clearly and effectively.
* Possess a journalism degree or diploma, and work experience as a journalist with a magazine, newspaper (daily experience preferred), or radio/TV news/current affairs programming
* Willing to relocate to central Alberta. Lacombe is a vibrant community of more than 10,000 people located 20 minutes north of Red Deer (population: 85,000), within an hour of Edmonton, and two hours from Calgary and the Rockies.
* No phone calls please. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Qualified individuals should send their resume and a letter of introduction to:
Media Message Inc.
5021 50th Avenue
Fax: (403) 782-5506