Close Date: June 11th, 2010 at 4:00 p.m.
Start Date: July 5, 2010
Duration: 8 weeks
Hours: 30 hours/week (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
Location: St. James – Winnipeg, MB
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting with planning and coordination of events and activities at the Centre.
- Assisting with event set-up and take down.
- Recruitment and supervision of event volunteers.
- Overseeing media communication and promotion of events (including newspapers, older adult publications, event posters, and website).
- Maintaining the registration database
- Some reception and general office duties required.
This position is for a full-time student who is returning to full-time studies in the fall. No other applicants will be considered.
The job will ideally suit someone in the following fields of study:
- Media Relations/Event Planning
- Business Administration
- Volunteer or Recreation Management
The ideal candidate should posses the following attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and conduct tasks independently
St. James-Assiniboia 55+ Centre
3rd Floor, 203 Duffield Street
Winnipeg, MB R3J 0H6
Fax: (204) 987-8856